18 July 2011

Sympathy is the Word

Assalamualaikum and good day everyone!

I'm a bit in a sympathy mood. You know why? Ok. So let me start from the beginning. Disebabkan my parents and I were exhausted last night balik quite late from this one jamuan. And nenek ada di rumah sebab my aunt's currently busy dengan husband dia yang sakit. So kami lah yang jaga dia. My grandma ni pun sakit. Stroke. Can't walk but boleh gerak dalam posisi duduk and push herself forward. Is there any term for that? Urrrgggghhhh.... I'm not good at language.=_= That's why she needs care from us. Mandikan, bagi makan, pakaikan pampers and yada yada... It's difficult nak uruskan dia when it comes to mandi time. Otherwise, she just sits or lie down, not being able to do much.

So, what about today? This morning since everyone was exhausted, we woke up late at 6.30 am. Ayah and ibu were rushing to get themselves ready to work. And I'm all alone with nenek. As I woke up, I saw nenek heading to the toilet, rushing too to mandi before my parents went out. If not she'll be left unmanaged. Takkan nak harap aku terkontang kanting uruskan dia sorang2?? However it ended up like that because my parents were late for work.

Nenek.:)

When my parents went out, my grandma was having her bath. Before they left, diorang ada pesan to do this and that. And at that moment, I was feeling a bit dizzy because slept late. Hekhek. Kalau ikutkan hati, tak laratnya nak menguruskan nenek aku tu. But when I saw her done bathing and waiting for someone to uruskan dia, I felt sad, sympathy. Those feelings did overcome kepenatan yang dirasai dalam diri. So I quickly grab her clean clothes and towel. Aku yang tak berapa kuat ni, guna segala kudrat yang ada nak angkat dia naik ke tempat lebih tinggi. You know, in a house you have floor yang ada naik sikit by one or two steps. Ahah. Like that la. So hard to explain.:S Ok. Then lapkan badan dia pakaikan bedak, pakaikan baju dia and she moved all by herself back to her resting place.

Bila fikir mandi dah selesai, bilik air belum kemas, tempat tidur dia belum kemas, breakfast tak ada. Pening2. Fikir2, kalau buat breakfast, nanti nenek dah sampai kat tempat tidur dia, belum dikemas. Nanti bila kemas2, dia dah sampai, lapar lak dia. Because my grandma always tell me she feels hungry sampai menggeletar. Cuak lak kalau pape jadi! Memang aku berlari-lari kelam kabut. At least like normal mornings, my parents settle her together. Now I'm all alone. Hah! Ingat senang ke nak jaga orang sakit. Now I feel what my parents always feel. Tu baru tanggungan nenek. Bayangkan kalau ada anak kecik2 lagi, pagi2 sibuk nak g sekolah. Bayangkan orang tu ayah or ibu tunggal. Pening gak eh... Nasib baiklah aku dah besar. Tak perlu nak fikir apa dah. Sendiri urus.

Settlekan breakfast, buat air dulu. Ayah said he'll buy breakfast. Ok. But then gula habis, entah ibu simpan mana. Tercari-cari. Tangguh kejap. Then kemas tempat dia. Right on time! Then nenek nak naik to a higher place. So, angkat dia lagi. Memang keluar lah muscles2 ni. Heheheh! So now, sesi menggeledah kabinet! Gula....!!! Found it! Air done. Usually after nenek mandi, nak kena pakaikan dia pampers. So pakaikanlah. And dia cakap, terima kasih dengan nada yang amat berterima kasih. I just smile and say, sama2. Apa lagi yang aku boleh buatkan untuk dia sementara dia masih hidup ni, kalau tak jaga dia dengan sebaiknya.:) Then dia kata lapar sampai menggeletar. Nak nasi. I was like. Don't freak me out. Jangan pengsan dulu!! Fine!! Luckily nasi dah ada. Lauk tak ada. As usual, dia suka makan ayam, gorengkan lah drumet Ayamas tu.

Before goreng tu, I fed my neighbour's cats. Dah bising sangat mintak2 makan. So bagilah makan. Bagi makan Friskies. Tapi bila bau ayam, bising2 mintak ayam. Demanding betul lah kucing ni!! Pastu kucing tak nak mengalah. Pergi manja2 dengan kita lak dengan harapan dapat ayam yang sedap tu. I said, NO WAY!! Ayam siap, bagi nenek makan. Then nenek tanya, "Cakap dengan sape tadi??". Errrhhh... "Kucing."=_= So sementara tunggu nenek siap makan, I cleaned up the bathroom. Buang pampers nenek yang dah guna, bersihkan lantai... And basuh baju yang bertimbun. Dah selesai kerja. Layan lah kucing2 ni jap. Dah hilang ngantok.

That's my morning today and might happen again if terlajak lagi pagi2. Here, I'm not trying to tell my routine. I'm trying to tell my experience jaga orang tua ni. Untunglah nenek aku sebab masih ada yang sayang and take care of her. Unlike zaman sekarang yang dah makin berlambak Si Tenggang. Tell me why do they neglect their parents when they're old? Nak kata menyusahkan orang yang jaga? For me, tidak sama sekali! When you're sincere in whatever you do, you don't even feel the exhaustion, pain. Instead, you feel the joy and happiness of doing something to benefit others. Lagi2 for our loved ones. Such a pain to see them suffer, seeing them struggling to do what they are not capable of. Rasa nak angkat, rasa nak... Do anything for them lah!

Why do some people don't realize that their parents suffer so much and send them to rumah orang tua atas alasan susah nak jaga sendiri? Maybe if they let anyone else to take care for their parents while they're working is still fine. But ada yang melampau sangat tak jenguk langsung! A bit emotional lak. Sorry... I can easily read people's expressions. So bila tengok nenek, I can see pain. And I give her my sympathy. Where do those people put their sympathies? Sebab diorang tak pernah nak pandang their parents' faces la jadi macam tu kan? You know that when you can see pain, you feel like crying, thinking what they are going through. Pain makes you have a heart for others. Pain makes you learn to love others.

Ingatlah, when we were babies, we were not capable of doing everything like walking or talking. You were trying to say something to the people around you but they don't understand you. But you have your mother who understands you the most through your actions. When you're in pain, you cry and you have your mother to calm you down. When we were babies, we were giving so much trouble to our parents. But they never complained. They give you more love instead. So why not we do the same thing to our parents when they're old? My story is only to show that if I can do it all by myself, why not those yang adik beradik ramai can't even take care of their parents when they're old and sick?

Tak perlu nak berkira kemampuan harta just because we have to spend so much on our parents' welfare. Think about it. When we were young, our parents have spent so much on us. So a little spending doesn't hurt much. Right? And if possible, start to be independent from now. Don't ask so much money from our parents when you wanna use it for joli2 sakan. They have worked hard for every Ringgit. So don't waste it. As for me, I have my own savings. So kalau nak joli2 sakan, I use my own money. If my parents give me money, I use it for food and university expenses. When your parents give you money, look into their faces. Do they smile or macam nak tak nak bagi je? My mum always give me that look. That look yang.... There goes my money!! And I hope she uses it wisely. So I was like, ok. I just take it and never ask for more. Even if they ask ada duit lagi tak, I just say ada if dah habis pun. Because I know I have my own savings. Which I have earned so hard. Just like how my parents earn their money. Rugi lah kan dah penat2 usahakan duit tu pastu habis macam tu je.



So, ok. I just make my topic today merangkumi sympathy for parents and old people. Susah nak stop if I have so many ideas. My bad for the long loooooonnngggg entry. It's just something to ponder upon. Things like this can make us beringat sentiasa supaya tak terpesong jauh dari jalan yang benar. InsyaAllah kita akan sentiasa jadi manusia yang berguna di muka Bumi ini. Bukan jadi sampah masyarakat. Thank you for reading!:)

Assalamualaikum and daaaaaaa~~

No comments:

Post a Comment